Technical scuba diving involves going beyond recreational scuba diving limits and includes one or more of the following:
- Diving beyond 40 metres/130 feet
- Required stage decompression
- Diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear metres/130 linear feet of the surface
- Accelerated decompression and/or the use of variable gas mixtures during the dive
- Use of extensive equipment and technologies
In technical diving the surface is often inaccessible in an emergency. Tec divers use extensive procedures, equipment and training to manage the added risks and potential hazards.
PADI TecRec courses are set up in a way that makes them a rigorous, yet logical, training sequence, along with the PADI educational materials that support them.
PADI Tec courses have a structured course flow that takes you from a new tec diver to a qualified safe technical diver ready to dive past the limits of sport diving. Each level introduces you to new gear and procedures to extend your dive limits.