Lara Allasia was born and raised in New York City with a unique Chinese and Italian background. This may explain her flair for food, creativity and charisma.
She learned to swim at a very young age and her first underwater memory was when she was about 5 and snorkeled at the magnificent reefs of Cozumel, a truly unforgettable memory of clarity, colors and beauty at it’s best. Lara always loved the water, and at a young age became a life guard and taught swimming.
She started diving at the age of 14 and always kept it as a hobby on the side. After University in England, Lara worked as a financial advisor in the bank and quickly realized it was not her calling in life. She moved to Italy and traveled in style thanks to her top and lucrative position in Milan, Italy. But, after nearly 4 years, she finally realized that maybe it was time to hang up her business suit and briefcase and change into a wetsuit and tank and moved to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in 2004.
Lara became a NAUI Instructor in 2006, SDI Instructor in 2007 and a PADI Instructor in March of 2008. Since then she has climbed the Professional Ranks in PADI and is now a PADI Master Instructor. With about 10,000 dives under her belt she still has a passion for diving and it can be seen in her contagious energy, enthusiasm and focus on safety!
- PADI Master Instructor
- PADI Sidemount Diving Instructor
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor
- PADI Project Aware Instructor
- PADI AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Speciality Instructor
- PADI Drift Instructor
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Instructor
- PADI Deep Instructor
- PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor
- PADI Boat Instructor
- Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
- EFR Care For Children Instructor Trainer
- SDI Sidemount Diving Instructor
- TDI Full Cave Diver
- NAUI Instructor (non-teaching status)