Welcome to Divers UnderGround
Your gateway to underwater adventures in Mexico’s Riviera Maya
Welcome to Divers UnderGround, your premier destination for underwater exploration enthusiasts in Puerto Aventuras in Mexico’s Riviera Maya.
Divers UnderGround is a proud member of Technical Diving International (TDI), the largest technical diving certification agency globally. Established in 1994, TDI agency has a pioneering legacy in advanced scuba diving training, including Mixed Gas, Decompression, and Cave Diving courses. Our affiliation with TDI highlights our dedication to providing top-tier education and experiences in the diving community.
At Divers UnderGround, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards in technical and cave diving instruction, ensuring our divers are skilled, confident, and prepared for the challenges of underwater exploration.
Our facility is located between Playa del Carmen and Tulum in the heart of the Cenotes. It was founded in 2012 by Camilo Garcia, a cave diver enthusiast and TDI Cave Diving Instructor in love with the Cenotes of the Yucatan Peninsula.
We offer a full range of TDI technical diving courses and Diver training for recreational and technical divers who want to learn to safely explore the underground river systems beneath the Mexican jungle, inspiring love for the environment and the adventurous spirit.
Divers UnderGround is a TDI 5-Star Instructor Training Facility. As a well-established Cave Diving center, this prestigious recognition is a testament to our excellence and promise to provide top-tier training and experiences. Our experienced team, led by Camilo Garcia, guides you through every corner and breath underwater.
Our specialty lies in Razor Sidemount and TDI Cave Diving training. Our specialized training, unique skills, experience, and knowledge set us apart. Under the guidance of our expert instructors, you will learn the intricacies of this challenging yet rewarding type of diving.
Our courses are meticulously designed, combining theoretical knowledge with practical skills, ensuring a comprehensive and safe learning experience.
Apart from training, we offer a wide range of Cenote Diving experiences in the mystical cenotes of Mexico and the vibrant underwater world of Cozumel’s reefs on a charter boat from Playa del Carmen.
These dives are excursions and journeys through ancient underwater landscapes teeming with life and history. Each dive with us is more than an adventure; it’s an opportunity to connect with nature in its purest form.
Commitment to Safety
At Divers UnderGround, your safety is our utmost priority. We adhere to the highest standards of safety and professionalism, ensuring that every dive is exhilarating and secure. Our state-of-the-art equipment and practices align with the latest diving safety protocols.
Embark on your underwater journey with Divers UnderGround. Whether you aim to become a certified TDI full cave diver or wish to experience the magic of the Mexican underwater realm, we are here to make your diving dreams a reality. Dive in with us and explore the unexplored, guided by the best in the field.
Dive into Adventure
Discover the world beneath the waves with Divers UnderGround. Let us be your gateway to the underwater wonders of Mexico. Connect with us today and take the first step towards an unforgettable diving experience!
Ultimate Guide to Cave Diving Certification in Mexico
At Divers UnderGround in Mexico’s Riviera Maya, you can obtain your Technical Diving International (TDI) Overhead Environments Diving training and earn your TDI Full Cave Diving Certification.
TDI is the largest technical certification agency in the world, and its certification program is widely recognized for its rigorous commitment to technical proficiency and safety.
Our TDI Cave Diving course is led by experienced instructors and explorers who will guide you through a comprehensive and challenging program. During the course, you will learn about cave topography, precise dive planning, and critical emergency response strategies. To be eligible for this course, you must be at least 18, have an Advanced Open Water Diver certification, and have 50 logged dives.
Our training program combines classroom theory with confined water drills and open-water cave dives in Mexico’s cenotes. You’ll learn advanced buoyancy techniques, line-handling skills, and underwater communication. We prioritize safety and promote environmental stewardship, respecting cave ecosystems to preserve them for future divers.
Becoming a TDI Full Cave Diver involves achieving three different levels of certification: Cavern Diver, Introductory Cave Diver, and Full Cave Diver.
Each level has specific performance requirements that must be met before moving on to the next one. Although the minimum time required to complete all three levels and earn the Full Cave Diver certification is eight days, this depends on the student’s ability to consistently demonstrate the necessary skills and meet the performance criteria at each stage of the certification process.
The specific performance requirements for each level of cave diving certification generally include a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Here’s a breakdown for the three levels – Cavern Diver, Introductory Cave Diver, and Full Cave Diver:
1. The Cavern Diver Course is the first level of the TDI Overhead Environments Diver Certification and involves three main components:
- Theoretical Knowledge: This includes understanding the basics of cavern diving, such as the equipment required, the environment, and the potential hazards.
- Practical Skills: This involves learning basic navigation, buoyancy control, and line-handling skills within the daylight zone of a cavern. A cavern diver must be able to manage emergencies and use specialized equipment like reels and lines.
- Safety Protocols: Emphasis is placed on safe diving practices, including air management and emergency procedures.
2. Introductory Cave Diver Certification includes theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to understand cave environments, dive planning, and conservation. The course enhances navigation techniques beyond the daylight zone, including complex line work and zero-visibility training. It also improves emergency procedures and problem-solving skills for diving in cave environments. Additionally, the course emphasizes developing effective communication and teamwork skills with a dive buddy or team.
3. To obtain a Full Cave Diver Certification, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Theoretical Knowledge: You will gain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of cave diving, including advanced dive planning, gas management, and decompression theory.
- Practical Skills: You will master complex cave navigation, including traverses, jumps, Ts, and circuits. You will also be proficient in handling multiple emergency scenarios and advanced problem-solving.
- Technical Proficiency: You will learn and demonstrate skills in using Side Mount Diving equipment and techniques, such as neutral buoyancy, efficient fin kicks, and maneuvering your body using your fins. This part of the training will teach how to control and change direction underwater using fins. It’s about understanding how to use your legs and fins to move up, down, forward, backward, and turn while maintaining control and stability. This skill is essential for navigating different underwater terrains and avoiding obstacles, especially in confined spaces like cave diving.
- Independent Decision-Making: You will develop the ability to make informed decisions under challenging conditions, showcasing high self-sufficiency and situational awareness.
After successfully finishing the course, you will receive the TDI Cave Diving Certification, a highly recognized achievement in technical diving. This certification proves your competency and dedication to the highest standards of technical diving. It will enable you to explore new and advanced diving opportunities worldwide.
Join Divers UnderGround’s community of technical diving experts and enthusiasts, where you can participate in expeditions, share insights and experiences, and experience continuous learning.
Follow us on Instagram @DiversUnderGround now and begin your journey to mastering the art of cave diving in Mexico’s UnderGround River Systems.
TDI Full Cave Diver Program
The program is divided into three main courses:
- Cavern Diver.
- Intro to Cave.
- Full Cave Diver.
Each course has specific qualifications, prerequisites, structure, duration, and required equipment.
1. TDI Cavern Diver Course
Objective: To learn proper cavern diving planning, techniques, and hazards.
Qualifications of Graduates:
– Daylight zone diving (within natural light of cavern entrance).
– Limited penetration: 1/3 of a single diving cylinder or 1/6th if using double cylinders.
– Max depth: 40 meters / 130 feet.
– No decompression and restriction-free diving.
– Safety stops as necessary.
– Continuous guidelines and proper equipment usage.
– Minimum age: 18 (or 15 with parental consent).
– Open Water Scuba Diver certification.
– Minimum of 25 logged dives.
– Duration: Minimum of 3 days.
– Dives: Four cavern dives at two different sites.
2. TDI Introductory Cave Diver.
Objective: Build upon cavern diving skills for basic principles of cave diving.
Qualifications of Graduates:
– Single guideline cave diving.
– Same penetration, depth, and decompression limits as Cavern Diver.
– Continuous guidelines and proper equipment usage.
– Minimum age: 18 (or 15 with parental consent).
– TDI Cavern Diver certification or equivalent.
– Duration: 4 days (or five days combined with the Cavern Diver course).
– Dives: Six single guideline cave dives at two different sites.
3. TDI Full Cave Diver
Objective: Advanced cave dive planning and execution in different cave systems.
Qualifications of Graduates:
– Penetration is limited to the 1/3 air rule.
– Max depth: 40 meters / 130 feet.
– Complex navigation cave dives planning and execution.
– No decompression diving and continuous guidelines.
– Minimum age: 18.
– TDI Introductory Cave Diver certification or equivalent.
– Duration: Minimum of 5 days.
– Dives: Eight cave dives are required at three different sites (16 if without prior certification).
– Common equipment across all courses includes double cylinders, two regulators with pressure gauge, BCD with power inflator, exposure suit, mask and fins, line cutting devices, reels and guidelines, primary and backup lights, dive computers or timers, wrist slate, and pencil, directional and non-directional line markers.
Before you sign up for a cave diving course
Mastering Buoyancy and Trim Control: Key to Successful Cave Diving
Becoming a proficient cave diver requires a high level of skill and mastery in buoyancy and trim control, critical components of your diving training. Before diving into caves, it is important to practice and hone these skills with your regular diving equipment.
Specialized Dive Gear for Cave Diving
For cave diving, you will need dive gear that is different from your standard recreational scuba diving gear, including Technical Regulators, Sidemount, and Cave Diving equipment. However, before diving into caves, it is crucial to master your current diving gear.
Cave Diving Techniques Enhance Your Diving Skills
Learning specialized techniques for cave diving will not only make you a better cave diver, but will also improve your overall diving skills. Many of these techniques overlap with recreational scuba diving, so it is important to practice and become confident in these skills.
Start Your Cave Diving Journey with TDI Sidemount Diver Course
If you have not yet obtained your Sidemount certification, start your journey to becoming a successful cave diver with the TDI Sidemount Diver Course.
Essential Skills for your TDI Cave Diving Certification
Maximize Your Cave Diving Experience with Advanced Trim and Propulsion Techniques – Did You Know?
At Divers Underground, we believe in providing our clients with the best possible cave diving experience. One of the critical components of a successful cave dive is preventing silt-outs and optimizing gas consumption. That’s why we train our divers to use advanced trim and propulsion techniques, such as the Frog Kick.
The Frog Kick is the most efficient method for propelling yourself through underwater caves and is widely considered the best technique for cave diving. This technique allows you to cover longer distances with less air consumption, maximizing your dive time and experience.
Join us for your next cave diving adventure and learn how to master these advanced techniques. Contact us now to learn more.
TDI Cave Diving Certification
Enhance Your Fundamental Skills for Cave Diving.
Perfect your propulsion, buoyancy, and trim skills with techniques like the frog kick and back kick and maintaining a horizontal position without moving more than 3 feet in the water column.
Get a head start on your TDI Full Cave Diver course by accessing the TDI Overhead Environments Diving e-learning program, and start learning today!
Adopt a thorough approach to your training. Study and follow your training program meticulously, as cave diving training is based on accident analysis. This means the lessons learned from past mistakes are critical to your success as a cave diver.
Ensure that your buoyancy control is top-notch. This is a crucial skill to master before embarking on your TDI Overhead Environments training in Mexico to become a certified cave diver. Remember, excellent buoyancy control is the key to a safe and successful dive!
Things That Are Different About Diving in Caves
Get ready for a unique diving experience, as cave diving presents challenges, unlike any other type of diving.
Perfect your skills in:
- Efficient Gas Management.
- Mastering Multiple Breathing Sources.
- Navigating Complex Underground Environments.
- Planning NDLs.
- Implementing Decompression Techniques.
- Enhancing Awareness Techniques.
- Using Multiple Light Sources.
- Preparing for Potential Zero Viz Situations.
Join the growing community of Cave Divers and experience the excitement for yourself!
Cave Diving Gear
Get the Best Gear for Cave Diving with Divers UnderGround!
Unleash the full potential of your cave diving experience with the right gear. At Divers UnderGround, we are authorized dealers of Shearwater Dive Computers, Razor Sidemount System, and Bigblue Dive Lights, offering you the best in specialized dive equipment.
We also offer comprehensive training and equipment bundles to help you start your cave diving journey. Whether you prefer to use our Razor and Shearwater gear or your own, we have everything you need for a successful dive, including multiple dive lights, LED screen dive computers, spool-out systems for reels, redundant air sources, and more.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our dive gear packages and take the first step towards a thrilling underwater adventure.
Buying your Equipment
- Get the Perfect Fit for Your Sidemount Diving Gear – Let Us Set it Up for You!
- Setting up a side-mount harness can be challenging, even after training. That’s why, at Divers UnderGround, we offer to set up your Razor Sidemount System for you, ensuring a perfect fit for your diving needs.
- Invest in Quality Dive Gear – Avoid the Cost of Cheap Alternatives
- Don’t waste your money on cheap dive gear that may need to be replaced. Invest in quality gear that will last and perform well on your dives. At Divers UnderGround, we offer new and used gear options at package prices, so you can get the most value for your investment.
- Customized Dive Gear and Training Packages – Ask Us How!
- We understand that every diver’s needs are unique. That’s why we offer customized dive gear and training packages tailored to your specific requirements. Contact us today to learn more!
TDI Cave Diving Certification in Mexico with Divers UnderGround
Discover the Underwater World of Caves with Our Comprehensive 8-Day TDI Cavern to Full Cave Diver Course in Mexico.
At Divers UnderGround, we offer comprehensive training to prepare you for the adventure of a lifetime exploring the beautiful Caribbean cenotes. Our TDI Cavern to Full Cave Diver course covers everything you need to know to become a safe, autonomous cave diver.
Get TDI Sidemount or Cave Diving Certified with Us! Contact us at email@example.com for more information and to answer any questions.
Stay updated on the latest cave diving adventures, and join us on our mission to explore the planet from the inside out. Follow us on Instagram @diversunderground.
Scuba dive in the lovely Mexican Cenotes!
What are the Cenotes?
Discover the breathtaking beauty of Mexico’s cenotes on a diving adventure like no other. Immerse yourself in crystal-clear freshwater as you explore the cavernous depths of these naturally formed sinkholes. See stunning stalactites and stalagmites, prehistoric fossils embedded in limestone, and marvel at the mesmerizing effects of sunlight refraction. Cenotes can also be teeming with fish when open to the sun.
Explore the unique geological history of cenotes, formed over thousands of years by rainwater seeping into the ground and eroding the limestone. Experience the result of chemical and hydrothermal activity, plus other geological and hydrological effects, as you dive into the sinkholes we know and love today.
Take a leap into the unknown and visit the cenotes that provide access to the water and the opportunity to go cavern diving.
Book your cenote diving experience with us today!
Unlock the beauty of freshwater scuba diving with a visit to the stunning Cenotes of the Mayan Riviera. With an Open Water certification, you can explore the clear waters of these natural sinkholes and discover an underground world of stalactites, stalagmites, and other geological wonders.
At Divers UnderGround, we offer you the opportunity to dive into these amazing underwater caverns and experience the magic of the cenotes for yourself. Feel the rush of flying through tunnels filled with mesmerizing light effects, and listen to the sound of bubbles rushing under the rocks.
So, if you’re looking for a unique and exciting scuba diving experience, come dive into the cenotes with us and let us show you the beauty of underwater cavern diving in Mexico.
Scuba Diving in Cenotes
Discover the beauty of freshwater diving in Mexico’s Mayan Riviera with Divers UnderGround. Our cenote dive sites are located in the lush Caribbean jungle of Quintana Roo, on the Yucatán Peninsula.
Immerse yourself in the stunning dripstone formations and crystal-clear waters as you dive or snorkel in these unique sinkholes.
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced open-water diver, cenote diving with us is an unforgettable experience.
What to expect
Discover the stunning beauty of Mexico’s cenotes with Divers UnderGround.
Our expert instructors provide comprehensive briefings and guide you through the basics of cavern diving techniques to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
With water temperatures averaging at 25ºC/77ºF, a 3 mm long-sleeve wetsuit is typically all you need to stay comfortable.
The crystal-clear water allows for breathtaking views of the cave from the surface, making your cenote diving adventure unforgettable.
Discover the breathtaking beauty of Mexico’s Mayan Riviera with Divers UnderGround.
Our expert diving guides will take you on a journey through the crystal-clear waters of the area’s stunning cenotes.
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced open-water diver, come join us for an unforgettable underwater adventure.
Dive with us
We offer Cenote dive tours for all levels of divers, from beginner open water divers to advanced technical and cave divers, as well as snorkeling tours for those who just want to get their feet wet!
Click now to learn more about how you can dive into the world of Cavern Diving in Cenotes!
Unique Cenote Diving & Snorkeling Locations
1-4 divers per guide
We will provide water, snacks, sandwiches, and soft drinks.
Cave Diving in Cenotes & Cozumel Dive Packages
TDI Sidemount Diver Course
Tech & Cave Diving Courses