Medical Policy – Diving with Divers UnderGround
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY.
Prior to all scuba diving courses and activities with us you will be required to read and complete a medical questionnaire which will identify any pre-existing condition. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving. A positive response means that there is a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must seek and obtain a written and signed medical clearance from your physician prior to engaging in any dive activities.
To see a copy of this medical questionnaire, please click here.
The following medical conditions are potentially life threatening when scuba diving, therefore we require a written and signed medical clearance from a licensed scuba diving physician for any of the following:
• Asthma, if client generally carries an inhaler
• History of Diabetes
• History of diving accident or diving sickness (such as DCS)
• History of Epilepsy, convulsions or fainting
• History of heart surgery, heart desease, heart attack or stroke (CVA)
• History of high blood pressure combined with prescription of “Betablockers” to regulate hypertension
• History of lung surgery, pneumothorax or collapsed lung
For all other medical conditions which would merit a “Yes” answer on the medical questionnaire, a medical clearance from your physician or certified medical doctor, dated within 12 months before the diving activity, since medical conditions of a diver may change over time.
These steps are taken with your safety in mind and in an attempt to reduce the risk of injury or death whilst diving.
For further information contact: [email protected]
* Please note that Divers UnderGround maintains the right to refuse to allow a guest to dive based on medical issues or any other reason.